: +254706528878    |    :  admissions@embuni.ac.ke



  1. How can I contact the Admissions Office?
  • The Admissions Office contacts are as follows

Mobile phone: 0706 525 878
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Website: https://admissions.embuni.ac.ke/

  1. Where are the Admissions Offices Located?
  • Our offices are located at the Administration Block, Rooms No. 9, 10, 11 and 12.
  1. What are your Admissions Office operating hours?
  • Our offices are open every Monday to Friday (Working days) from 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
  1. What are the programmes offered at the University of Embu?
  1. How do I apply for a programme at the University of Embu?
  1. What are the intakes available at the University of Embu?
  • Our intakes are in January, May, and September every year
  1. What are the modes of study available at the University of Embu?
  • The modes of study available are: Full – Time, Part – Time, and Part – Time Intensive.
  1. How can I access the fees structure?
  1. How long does it take for my admission letter to be processed?
  • Admission letters are processed within seven working days of receipt of the dully filled in application forms.
  1. When and how shall I know that I have been granted admission?
  • The Admissions Office usually communicates to successful and unsuccessful applicants through the Office phone and email as soon as the process of admission is complete.
  1. Do you allow credit waiver/transfers? If you do, how do I apply for the same?
  • Yes, the University allows Credit waiver/transfers. Students who wish to apply for credit waiver/transfers are required to fill -in an application form which is available at the Office of Registrar (ARE) and submit the same for processing.
  1. Is it possible for a student to defer their studies?
  • Students can defer their studies due to acceptable reasons such as medical, financial constraints among other reason.
  1. How do I apply for deferment of studies?
  • Write a request to the Registrar (ARE) requesting to defer your studies (this can be done through email or hard copy). Kindy include the reason for deferment of studies and the expected reporting date on the request.
  1. What is the difference between semester call-off and deferment of studies?
  • Semester call-off request is sought by students who have successfully completed at least one semester of study, and are intending to take a break from their studies due to various acceptable reasons while deferment of studies is where a new student chooses to delay start of their study/enrolment to a later date.
  1. Are fee waivers applicable to University of Embu students?
  • The University offers tuition waiver to the following groups of students.
    1. All University members of staff employed on permanent and contract terms.
    2. All dependents of the University employees on permanent and contract terms.
    3. Employees of organisations/institutions that have signed memoranda of understanding with the University.
    4. Any other group of students as shall be determined by management from time to time.
  1. Can a student change the programme admitted to pursue at the University of Embu?
  • Students may seek to transfer from the programmes of study that they have been enrolled into as shall be provided for from time to time. GSP students can only seek Inter/Intra School transfer at the beginning of an Academic Year. An application for transfer by a GSP student may be considered if:
  1. The applicant meets the cluster points for the programme they seek to transfer to in addition to the programme requirements for GSP students.
  2. The programme he/she wishes to transfer to has capacity to accommodate the applicant.
  3. The programme he/she wishes to transfer from has the capacity to release the applicant.
  • An application for transfer by an SSP student may be considered if the student meets the programme requirements for SSP students.
  • The University provides room for applicants to appeal against the outcome of the Inter/Intra-School transfer process.
  1. How do I get my refund of my caution money?
  • A student who has cleared from the University can collect the caution money from the Students Finance Office. However, a student who is late in collection of caution money is required to write a request to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics, Research and Extension) requesting for refund of the caution money.
  1. Can I do my exams if I have not cleared my school fees?
  • As per the University fee payment policy, a student is required to clear the Semester fees for him/her to be allowed to sit for the end of Semester Examination.
  1. I failed to report for the semester through my student portal and now it is late, how can I be assisted?
  • Write a request seeking approval for late reporting from the Registrar (ARE) stating reasons why you failed to report on time.
  • Upon the approval of the request and payment of requisite penalties, one is required visit Admissions Data office for late reporting.
  • Please note that a student cannot seek to report a semester that has expired, the request should be within an active semester.
  1. When is School fees due?
  • Full School fees is due on the first day of the Semester.
  1. Can I pay my fees in instalments?
  • Yes, Phased Fee Payment option is available for students. This is an option provided for payment of fees in installments within a semester of study.
  • In order to be considered for this option, you are required to pay at least 50% of the applicable fee. Under this option, an administrative fee of 2.5% will be levied on the outstanding fee balance at each installment interval.
  • The payment plan is usually as follows:
  1. A first installment of at least 50% of the total fees payable for the semester before the registration deadline. Approval for this payment option shall only be granted once this payment is made.
  2. A second installment to bring the total fees paid to at least 75% of the total fees payable for the semester by the end of the 7th week of the semester (mid-semester).
  3. The remaining balance of the fees payable by the end of the 11th week of the semester.


  1. How can I access my fee payment statement?
  • You can access the fee payment statement from your student portal. Student portal has financial report section that allows students to view the fee structure associated with the programme they are undertaking and provides a financial statement of the student in detail from the date the student is enrolled to the University.
  1. Can I do my exam if I have not cleared the Semester fees?
  • No, only students who have cleared the Semester fees are allowed to do exams.
  1. How can I contact the Student Finance Office?
  • The Students Finance Office contacts are as follows

Mobile phone: 0700913623
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Website: https://departments.embuni.ac.ke/finance/

  1. Are hostel charges included in tuition fee?
  • No, Accommodation charges are usually not included in the fees structure.
  1. Who can apply for on campus accommodation?
  • All students are eligible to apply for on campus accommodation.
  • The University allocates the hostels on a first come first served basis.
  • Reservation and allocation of hostels is subject to payment of the full accommodation fee for one academic year.
  1. What is the cost of on-campus accommodation?
  1. What facilities are provided in the University hostels?
  • Students who get University accommodation are provided with basic requirements such as beds, mattresses, and furniture. Every resident student is responsible for items issued to him/her.
  1. Am I allowed to cook in the hostel?
  • Cooking of whatever sort and use of unauthorized electrical appliances that can endanger the life of residents, their property and that of the University in the Halls of residence is prohibited.